Jesus stood up and spoke to the storm. "Hush! he said. That's all. And the strangest thing happened...The wind and the waves recognized Jesus' voice. (The Jesus Storybook Bible, Sally Lloyd-Jones)
After reading that I realized that's what I need: Jesus to stand up and speak to the storm in my heart and mind. Hush! Not a "shh", or an "OK, time to quiet down now." But a strong commanding "HUSH!" The doubts that fill my mind daily about this adoption and about almost everything I do are enough to drive me crazy. Jesus tell my soul to hush. Give me the faith the cling on to the boat in this crazy storm I am beginning to ride knowing that you are right by my side and that you simply say one little sound and the wind and the waves listen to your voice.
If any of you lacks wisdom, he should ask God, who gives generously to all without finding fault, and it will be given to him. But when he asks, he must believe and not doubt, because he who doubts is like a wave of the sea, blown and tossed by the wind. James 1:5-6
Steph, I love the name! HUSH what a great word! It goes perfect with a verse that I have been meditating on lately. Psalm 46:10 Be still and know that I am God. I hope it helps you too! I'm so excited about the blog.
ReplyDeletePraying for you and John, Love, Mom M.
love the name & the journey i'm able to follow through this blog. thanks for allowing me to partake in this journey of yours.
ReplyDeleteStephanie, I am an old friend of your folks. In fact, your mom and I shared a room in the hospital when she gave birth to Daniel and I gave birth to my first son Andrew. Your Mom and Dad spent the night with us last night and shared a little of your story. I was so excited that she shared your blog address so that I could read of your journey so far. Tom and I will be praying for you this Friday. May God bless you and give you the desires of your heart!
ReplyDelete