Wednesday, May 25, 2011
Contentment in Waiting
We are still waiting for our homestudy to be "approved/reviewed" before we are officially in the matching phase. I'm anxious to get things moving faster for hopes of being matched with a particular multi-ethnic family donating embryos through our agency. But I need to let go of this and of the time schedule. Right now I have it all worked out perfectly in my head...we get matched with these Chinese/Korean embryos, sign the paperwork, get everything squared away by August. I contact the clinic in Chicago, get all my appointments set up, we go back in October for Nathan's wedding...I have the FET while I'm there, it works perfectly, I'm pregnant. YAY. done. I need to stop these ideas in my head! There is no guarantee that any of this will work that way. Yes, it would be ideal, but is ideal in my plans ideal in God's? I realize that we need more time to get ready to be mom and dad. I realize there is a lot of things that I can do right now that I can't when I have baby(ies) to take care of every moment of the day. I've been having a lot of fun lately, trying to remind myself of that, enjoying being able to move so freely and do multiple things in one day. I am trying to live one day at a time. I think this is a good way to learn that lesson. To be honest, I get scared thinking about it all, trying to figure out what time would work best for us, how much I should work, what contracts we should sign...but the truth is I don't have to figure that all out...God is in complete control of this timing, of our future children. So what I've realized is that I can just rest in today, do what I need to for tomorrow, but be completely content in knowing that God knows all the whens and wheres and what's best.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment