I want to give a quick update and ask for another prayer request.
I had a check up appointment and first hormone shot at our appointment yesterday. I'm thankful that John's been able to go with me to 2 appointments while he's been here and that we can at least share those memories. The appointment went very smoothly...I'm healthy and ready for the embryo to arrive! And the shot didn't hurt much at all! I got a little more comfortable with the idea of giving myself shots (the nurses clarified that the wide needle is for drawing up the meds, not for injecting...that's a little better!). Oh, and I learned that I don't have to do fasting blood sugar test with my blood tests! WOW, amazing...that's what makes me faint, so I'm thankful!
Our prayer request is that the embryos would arrive in Michigan on time for the Nov. 18 transfer appointment. Right now, they are still in Chicago. We are waiting for a signature (notarized) from the genetic parents to arrive in California at our adoption agency. Then they can arrange shipping which will take 1-2 weeks, so we're getting down to the wire! Please pray with us that they will arrive on time, safely. I know God has brought us this far, so I'm confident he can do this, but it's yet another test of faith for me!
Thank you for your prayers.
No comments:
Post a Comment