Thursday, August 11, 2011

Bump in the Road

Well, we have our first bump in the road...OK, it hasn't been our first, but first since being matched. We found out today that I won't be able to travel to Chicago to do the FET (frozen embryo transfer) because the clinic where the embryos are being stored won't accept patients for embryo adoption. I was hoping to travel to the embryos because we don't have a fertility clinic yet, and there seems to be some evidence that it is better for the embryos. OK, well...a little disappointed, but it's not a big deal. We'll just now do what most people do and have the embryos shipped to Michigan. Where? That is the question. We have to find a clinic that will work with us and donor embryos. I'm beginning to wonder if the timing might be quite a bit longer than I am hoping, but we'll just have to wait and see. A lot to think about.

No comments:

Post a Comment