Thursday, August 18, 2011

Moving Along

Yesterday was my 29th birthday. I had a great day, surrounded by friends, surprises, good food and too many pieces of cake. Even on Tuesday, John surprised me when I came home from work with flowers in every room and he was making dinner. We had steak with sweet potato fries, salad, french bread with olive oil dip and red wine! It was wonderful. I guess I really did let a lot of people know it was my birthday and I went all out celebrating. I think it's because I look at this year as the last year of truly being "free" to do something like that...go out to dinner with twenty people, stay out late...Not that I dread that. I can't think of anything better than next year's birthday gift being a newborn baby. I'm looking forward to it, but I also appreciate the time I have now. Lord willing, one more year as a family of two. I CAN wait, but I wait with expectation. That's a good place to be, I think.

This week John and I made some calls to clinics in Michigan. Trying to feel them out and figure out how to get started becoming patients. Bottom line: we have to have a consultation first ($200) before we can get started with anything. OK, so they were basically saying that we'd have to wait until we came back to set up the appointment, but we're trying to move this thing forward and in line with our Oct. trip as much as possible. Somewhat disappointing phone calls. John stayed up later and called his brother....he's so good at talking to strangers and knows the medical field/questions to ask (John and I were super awkward on the phone). He talked to the AnnArbor branch of the clinic and got them to agree to a phone consultation! Yay! That's perfect. It will allow us to get the ball rolling, and possibly I can start drugs/preparation early and in that way schedule our FET earlier (I would love it John could be there for it!). Yay for friends and family that support us and help us in this decision!

1 comment:

  1. John and Steph, We are right by your side as you navigate this next step in the journey, but even more importantly, HE is there - and He has your very best in mind! All our love, Nai Nai and Ye Ye

    ReplyDelete