The ultrasound yesterday showed no change in development from last week which means that somewhere around week five, our baby stopped growing. We are both very sad, disappointed. I am crushed. Again.
Most of you who know me, know I'm all emotion and can probably guess my feelings right now, so I'm going to stick to listing facts.
I've lost 3 babies this year.
I have to walk through a miscarriage this week.
I have to give myself another shot, ordered from HongKong, so that my body doesn't attack future babies with my Rh negative blood.
we've spent $20,000 on the adoption and transfers not including drugs and plane tickets.
we do not qualify for most traditional international adoption programs.
this past month was my first time being pregnant.
I don't know if I can do this physically or emotionally again.
If we don't do this again, we have to start over with homestudy and at least another $20,000.
we loved these babies.
they were the only chance to give their one sibling (son of the genetic parents) a brother/sister.
Since October, I've had 2 transfer procedures, 4 months of taking drugs, 10 weeks of giving myself shots every morning.
I'm tired.
I don't know what to do with myself today, tomorrow, the rest of the summer.
I'm sorry that people's prayers weren't answered the way we wanted.
I'm sorry grandparents can't be grandparents, aunts, aunts, uncles, uncles.
we can't give up having children yet.
we do have children, you just can't see them.
We know, we did one thing right and difficult but courageous, we carried these lives to heaven. And someday we will see our beautiful Korean/Chinese babies.
We are planning to have a little memorial service--desserts, message, singing, prayer on Sunday night at 7 at our place. It may be strange for some people, but we want to validate the lives we got to hold for a short time and celebrate them in their new eternal home. If you can come, we'd love to have you. This will help us grieve and move on, and we'd love your support.
if we don't do this again
I am so sorry for your loss...for your empty arms...for your aching hearts. Though we have never met, I wish I could be there with you as you say goodbye and celebrate these three precious lives whom you have rescued. Praying that God's healing grace would pour down upon you in abundance. With love, Jessica
ReplyDeleteI wish I could be there for the memorial service.
ReplyDeleteLove, hugs and prayers to you and John. Mom M.
Oh friends, how we grieve with you and long all the more for The Day when all the sad things will come untrue. May God fill you with much comfort and grace. With heavy hearts and lots of love, The Sawyers
ReplyDeleteMy heart is breaking for you. I will continue to pray for you all!
ReplyDeleteHI guys,
ReplyDeleteI am so sorry for all the pain in your hearts... for the unanswered theological questions... for the hopes that have come to naught. Wish I could be there to celebrate your babies and your courage. Sheri and Alan Penman
Steph - so sorry to hear this news... We're still praying for you.
ReplyDeleteClara
HUG! We love you so much and I so wish I could fly to see you and hug you and cook/clean for you and just be there. <3 Lynn & Jason
ReplyDeleteOh Steph- I am so sad for you. We are praying for you continually. We love you so much.
ReplyDeleteAngie L
Oh Steph. I wish I was there to hug you right now. I hope you know how much I love you and how much I'll be praying for you. Call me, email me, text me...anytime. I'm always here if you need to talk.
ReplyDeleteCrying for you. I do not know how this feels, but having had one miscarriage, I know it must be earth shattering. May Jesus hold you. Love you both. Sarah Luce
ReplyDelete